Akti Galinis is 20 meters away from the sandy beach of Kalives, awarded every year with the Blue Flag, and 50m from Xydas.
Our beach is organized and has a lifeguard.
Akti Galinis’s location overlooks the bay of Souda, the picturesque harbor of Kalives and Kasteli.
Free parking is available next to the rooms. Also for people with mobility problems there are special rooms 20 meters away. From the sea, without stairs and obstacles, for better service.
Within a short distance from our apartments you will find all kinds of shops such as:
- Super Market
- Green grocer with fresh fruit and vegetables
- Liquor/Wine store
- Pastry shop
- 24 ATM
- Petrol Stations
- Doctor’s Office
- Dry Cleaners
- Car Rental
- Coffee Shops
- Taverns offering fresh fish and traditional Cretan Cuisine
Kalives is centrally situated with easy access to:
- Vamos: a traditional Cretan village 8km away
- Kournas Lake: the only lake in Crete 23 km away
- Argiroupoli: a traditional mountainous village with waterfalls and taverns 36km away,
- Chora Sfakion: a sea side village with heroic history 55km away
- Fragokastelo: with its famous castle 65km away
- Paleochora: traditional village 100km away.
- Rethymno City: 40km away
- Samaria Gorge: the worldwide known gorge 60km away
How you can arrive to our Hotel
From Chania: there is a bus every 30 minutes which crosses the national road and leaves you at the nearest bus stop to “Akti Galini” (about 700m from our hotel).
There are many flights from Athens to Chania and when you arrive to Chania airport you may take a taxi.
From Souda port the distance is only 9 km to “Akti Galinis”. The ferry company ANEK LINES offer two different ferry trips daily to and from Piraeus. You may use the bus or hire a taxi to get to our hotel.
For more information concerning ferry timetables, you may contact the Port Service in Souda at the following telephone number tel: 2821089240.